The Sheriff’s Office Victim Services Unit provides services to unincorporated Weld County, including Carr, Hereford, Grover, New Raymer, Stoneham, Briggsdale, Galeton, Gill, Severance, Mead, Del Camino, Hudson, Keenesburg, and Roggen. We also provide services to victims in Nunn, Dacono, Erie, Firestone, Frederick, Fort Lupton, Gilcrest, Lochbuie and Platteville. The unit is comprised of two full time professional advocates and volunteers dedicated to assisting victims of crime. The unit is supervised by Commander Don Patch.
We would like to offer our assistance with any problems you may have as a result of being victimized. You should have received a Victim Rights Information Packet from the reporting Deputy or Officer if you were a victim of a crime covered by the Colorado State Constitution and the laws related to CRS Title 24 Article 4.1 part III. There are certain rights that are guaranteed to the victims of the following crimes:
- Vehicular Homicide
- Criminally Negligent Homicide
- Vehicular Assault
- Careless Driving resulting in death
- Failure to stop at a scene resulting in death
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child
- Unlawful Sexual Contact
- Violation of a Protection Order under CRS 18-1-1001 in a sexual assault
- Indecent exposure
- Child Abuse
- Crimes against At-risk Adult or Juveniles
- Bias Motivated Crimes
- Intimidation of Victim or Witness
- Domestic Violence
- Retaliation against a Victim of, or a Witness to a Crime
- All other crimes specified in CRS 24-4.1-302.
If you have any additional questions or you would just like to speak to one of our advocates their contact information is provided in the column to the right.