Skip To Content

Concealed Handgun Permit

Sheriff2 In order to carry a concealed handgun in the state of Colorado you must have a permit.

The law changed May 18, 2003, to enable citizen's to carry a statewide permit. Please see the permit application for more information. For questions call (970) 400-2865.


Applications must be returned to Weld County Sheriff's Office Administration Building, 1950 O St. in Greeley. Applications are accepted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Applications also are processed by appointment at the Southwest Substation, 4209 CR 24 ½ in Longmont. Call (720) 652-4215 to make an appointment.

Renewal Process:

As of January 7, 2016, there is no longer a waiting period for Concealed Handgun Permit renewals. Renewals can be completed on the spot at the Weld County Sheriff's Office Administration Building, 1950 O St. in Greeley.

ATTENTION:; If you are retired Law Enforcement with a concealed handgun carry permit with the Weld County Sheriff’s Office and need to get your qualification done, please contact Deputy J.D. Broderius at (970) 400-4027.

Contact Information

Weld County Sheriff

Kelly Cogswell

1950 O Street
Greeley, CO 80631
phone: (970) 400-2865
fax: (970) 304-6467


Concealed Handguns Permit Forms
Concealed Handgun Packet

Concealed Handgun Permit Application 

Concealed Handgun Permit Frequently Asked Questions

Lost/Stolen/Address Change

Concealed Handgun Permit Renewal

Alien supplementary questionnaire (ASQ) to implement federal immigration status requirements

Retired Officer Application

Address Change / Permit Lost or Destroyed Form