The Weld County Sheriff’s Office welcomes compliments and complaints. It is important to recognize when an employee models exemplary behavior. It is equally important to investigate allegations of misconduct. The Internal Affairs Unit is a part of the Professional Standards Division. The Internal Affairs Unit is responsible for investigating complaints or allegations involving sheriff's office personnel.
Compliments can be directed to the Sheriff, Undersheriff or any available supervisor.
To file a complaint you must have standing. Specifically:
- You must be the recipient, i.e. having a sufficient connection to, or having been directly harmed by, the alleged act, or
- You must be a legal guardian or verified legal representative of the recipient of the alleged act.
- Third-party complaints are not accepted.
- Complaints must be filed within 30 days of the incident.
A signed, written complaint form is required to file a complaint.
Forms are available at:
Law Administration building – 1950 O Street, Greeley
Weld County Jail – 2110 O Street, Greeley
Fort Lupton Substation – 2950 9th Street, Fort Lupton
Del Camino Substation – 4209 Weld County Road 24 ½, Longmont
Click here to access our online compliment and complaint form.
The following information is required:
- Your name and contact information.
- Date and time of the incident.
- Location of the incident.
- Details/description of the incident.
- Name, if known, or description of the involved employee(s).
- Names of other involved persons, if known.
- Case Report number, if known.
Per Colorado Revised Statute §24-72-303, the investigation and findings of any complaint are subject to public disclosure under the Colorado Open Records Act.