CLICK IMAGE TO PLAY VIDEO
The Sheriff’s Office Victim Services Unit provides services to unincorporated Weld County, including Carr, Hereford, Grover, New Raymer, Stoneham, Briggsdale, Galeton, Gilcrest, Gill, Del Camino, Hudson, Keenesburg, and Roggen. We also provide services to victims in Dacono, Firestone, Frederick, Mead, Fort Lupton, Lochbuie and Platteville. The unit is comprised of two victims specialist and a director as well as a team of dedicated volunteer advocates.
We would like to offer our assistance with any problems you may have as a result of being victimized. You should have received a Victim Rights Information Packet from the reporting Deputy or Officer if you were a victim of a crime covered by the Colorado State Constitution and the laws related to CRS Title 24 Article 4.1 part III. There are certain rights that are guaranteed to the victims of the following crimes:
- Vehicular Homicide
- Criminally Negligent Homicide
- Vehicular Assault
- Careless Driving resulting in death
- Failure to stop at a scene resulting in death
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child
- Unlawful Sexual Contact
- Violation of a Protection Order under CRS 18-1-1001 in a sexual assault
- Indecent exposure
- Child Abuse
- Crimes against At-risk Adult or Juveniles
- Bias Motivated Crimes
- Intimidation of Victim or Witness
- Domestic Violence
- Retaliation against a Victim of, or a Witness to a Crime
- All other crimes specified in CRS 24-4.1-302.
VRA Pamphlet (English)(PDF, 325KB)
VRA Pamphlet (Spanish)(PDF, 585KB)
If you have any additional questions or you would just like to speak to one of our advocates their contact information is provided in the column to the right.
To sign up for automated notification of an inmate’s release from custody, please visit:
For automated notification of an inmate in the immigration and Customs, or ICE custody release, please visit:
Custody status of offender
Please remember to KEEP US INFORMED of ANY changes in your address, email address and all phone contact information to ensure you receive timely notifications. By doing so, you help us in providing you the notifications and information you need. You can email any changes to your contact information to email@example.com or register for automatic release notification at http://www.vinelink.com/
Legal rights at post-sentencing stage of the criminal justice process
- To be informed when a person accused or convicted of the crime is released from custody, is paroled, escapes or absconds from probation or parole.
- To be informed of and heard at any reconsideration of sentence, parole hearing, or commutation of sentence;
- To be informed when a person convicted of a crime against the victim is placed in or transferred to a less secure correctional facility or program or is permanently or conditionally transferred or released from any state hospital;
- To be informed of any rights which the victim has pursuant to the constitution of the United States or the State of Colorado.
- To be informed of the process for enforcing compliance with the Victim Rights Act.
In an effort to keep you well informed of an offender's status, please take a moment to consider the following:
When you register on-line for post sentencing notifications, you will be enrolled into the auto-mated notification system. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation of such via text or email.
Weld County Jail "good time" calculator & estimated release dates
Offenders may be awarded Earned Time each month, typically 10-12 days every month. This can bring the Time Served Date(s) much sooner than you would expect. Earned Time cannot exceed 30% of the offender's sentence.
Please know that our mission at the Weld County Sheriff Office is to provide effective public service with honor and integrity. Our Victim Services Unit is here to support you through the many challenges that people often experience when they have fallen victim to a crime of violence. In emergencies, remember to always call 911.
For more information, questions, community resources, or guidance with safety planning, please contact the Weld County Victim Services Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A VICTIM SERVICES VOLUNTEER